When you find the perfect house and neighborhood you want, you may want to make an offer. Before submitting your offer, consider the following:
- The home’s condition and potential renovations or repairs.
- Compare prices of neighboring homes.
- The asking price versus the market value of the house.
- Know your price range, calculate your housing costs and interest here!
- Negotiable items with the seller such as closing costs, repair work, closing dates, etc.
- On the market more than four months. If no buyers are interested and there’s a series of price reductions, the house may be overpriced or cost too much. Don’t pay more than your neighbor does for the same amount of house.
- Talk with a real estate agent that is familiar with the local area. They should be able to give you price ranges and comparisons from the neighborhood your interested in buying a home.
Use our quote form, a mortgage feature on California Mortgage & Home Equity Loans, Co. to locate a lender in your area offering the mortgage product that best suits your needs. The independent lender you select will work with you to help find a low-cost mortgage that meets your needs. Apply today!